Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, February 22, 2008

Looking Back on The Cavs Deal

I don't like it and here's my breakdown:

Cleveland obtained Ben Wallace who has been absolutely terrible since leaving Detroit. They nonsensically gave up the statistically better Drew Gooden who is 7 years younger and 9 million dollars cheaper. I think Ben is past his prime and will hurt their salary later on.

Along with Ben, The Cavs gained Wally Szczerbiak who's been inconsistently unhealthy for roughly 4 years. He couldn't play defense if his life depended on it, but maybe he can hit an open jumper is their prayers are answered. As a Celtics fan, I was celebrating when we got rid of his uselessness and his fist pumping ways. Also, has a ridiculous salary.

Delonte West is going to Cleveland as well, and as a Celtics fan, I love him. However, the kid cannot stay healthy like Wally. He is a tough, gritty duel guard who has great intangibles that may make up for missed games. I hope he thrives with Lebron, but he isn't an upgrade from Larry Hughes.
I think Joe Smith is actually the best player they got. Although he has been a complete first round first pick bust since coming out of Maryland, he has a big presence down low in the post. He's a veteran, and that will be extremely imperative come post-season. The Cavs now have a surplus of big men with Wallace, Big Z, Vareajo, and Smith. My bold prediction is that Smith will be more of a factor than Wallace.

For an over-all grade of this trade, I give the Cavs a solid C.

No comments:

Post a Comment