Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Week of my Discontent


Its only Thursday and I’m sick of it already. It was supposed to be a short week following a very long, fulfilling vacation week and Saturday’s Memphis/Tennessee match-up would be here before I knew it. I had it all planned out. By 11:30 Saturday night, the nation would have a new number one team and I would celebrate by breaking out 350 I told you so text messages.

Then things began falling apart. Sunday night, Duke made the short journey to Wake Forest and was outplayed from the opening tip, earning a well deserved loss. They were beat at there own game – spread the court small ball with an emphasis on getting to the line and getting their opponents in early foul trouble. The Blue Devils spent the night in foul trouble with all 5 starters fouling out by the game’s end. Whatever. It was their first ACC loss and they were definitely due. I could live with that.

Monday, I was fortunate enough to attend the URI, Xavier game. It was great to be back in the college atmosphere and even greater to leer at all the college coeds 3 and 4 years my junior. What wasn’t so great was URI playing just like they had against BC earlier in the season. How about hitting the front end of one and one’s? I think they had 5 opportunities and converted just once on the first free throw. That’s horseshit. They had a real chance to take out a top 15 team and pretty much seal their ticket to the Dance but now they’ll have to win at least one of their next two home games and make a decent run in the A-10 Tourney.

Wednesday, Duke was back in action against a weak Miami team that hadn’t beaten them in 45 years. For the first 30 minutes of the game they sucked. Hard. Couldn’t hit sh*t, turned the ball over, made terrible shot selections and let Miami run circles around them. Then they decided to score some 57 points over the final 12 minutes including a DeMarcus Nelson three as time expired. The only problem – they were down by fucking 4. Way to twist the knife on that one. Back-to-back conference losses, out of the running for a number 1 seed, out of the top spot in the ACC and looking a whole lot like the team that lost in the first round of the Tourney last year. Keep it up, Dicks.

Add to that a couple of close Celtics’ losses ending their perfection against the West and bringing their loss total to the dreaded double digits. I’m pretty must done with this week and already on to next. All I know is that Lost better be pretty fucking amazing tonight and not leave me with the raging blue balls that the prior 36 episodes have or I might really lose it.

No comments:

Post a Comment