Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, February 25, 2008

Peter King


I'm no fan of Peter King's. In fact, I can't really recall a time when I read his MMQB column and didn't get worked up in a fit of rage. He's a shameless self-promoter and his stories about life as a coffee drinker or his daughter's cell phone bill really irritate the shit out of me. Nevertheless, I read him week in and week out because he does have access to more information than any of the jerk-offs over at Pro Football Talk.

I just finished this week's column where he recaps the happenings from the combine out in Indianapolis. He delivers this little nugget in his quotes section -

"I've got this old saying: A spade is a spade. I'm definitely a spade.''

--Central Florida running back Kevin Smith, in the middle of a group session with reporters Saturday.

I didn't know what he meant, so I asked him to clarify. "If you have game, you have game," he said. "I'm not one to try to hide it. I'm not trying to boost any attributes of myself. I play the game of football. Everyone who watches me, you either like it or you don't. I play running back and I'm very good at playing running back."

Oh. Now I get it.

I actually found that mildly amusing. Peter King managed to be hip for 2.3 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment