Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Girardi Might Be Smoking Crack


"The Yankees' lineup will have a new look this season. Derek Jeter will be the leadoff hitter and Johnny Damon will bat second, a top of the lineup switch the Yankees will use for the rest of spring training (Sportsline)."

A lot of people are flipping out about this, and I can understand why this move seems to make no sense. Damon is a natural leadoff hitter. He has been doing the same thing since 1996. That being said I think Jeter will do fine there, and I don't see it affecting too much. What I do see affecting the team is Girardi's plan with Mariano Rivera. He plans that anytime a lefty starts a 9th innings, he is going to use Igawa then Rivera. That is fucking stupid. Rivera still is one of the top closers in the game, and there is no reason to baby him. Igawa is a joke, and I think no matter what he will get crushed. There is a lot of pressure pitching in the 9th, and I don't see Igawa doing well (especially in NY).

No comments:

Post a Comment