Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, March 30, 2009

Kevin Garnett Injury Update


If you are like DP and I then you are starting to get worried about this whole KG injury thing. Well here is the latest...

As expected, Kevin Garnett sat out last night’s game against Oklahoma City at the Garden with continued soreness in his right knee. Celtics coach Doc Rivers expects the All-Star forward also to miss Wednesday’s game against the Bobcats, with a return more likely Friday night against the Atlanta Hawks. Asked if Garnett’s condition has required more tests by the Celtics medical staff, Rivers shook his head. “No,” Rivers said. “He’ll be getting it checked all the time as he goes on, but it’s just sore. We’re fine with what we know. I doubt if he plays Wednesday. He’s likely for Friday, but that depends on how he moves in practice, and that’s probably going to be on Thursday. “There’s no sense in having him practice (tomorrow) if he’s not playing Wednesday. What we’re looking for with him is better movement and less soreness. I got by his gait. I just watch him run, and you can tell (Boston Herald).”

The Celtics are running out of games to get KG back on track, and it is not a good sign if he is having soreness after only playing part time for 4 games. The hope is that the Celtics are just trying to get him as much rest as possible, but I am past buying that as an excuse. I think there is something seriously wrong here, and I am just not sure how much KG is going to be able to play from this point forward. For the Celtics' sake I hope I am wrong, but this really worries me.

No comments:

Post a Comment