Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Shit Is About To Get Real For UConn


"Connecticut allegedly committed NCAA rules violations in its recruitment of former guard Nate Miles, Yahoo! Sports reported Wednesday.

The Web site reported that, according to multiple sources, Miles, a 6-foot-7 guard from Toledo, Ohio, was provided with lodging, transportation, restaurant meals and representation between 2006 and 2008 by Josh Nochimson, a former UConn student manager who had become a professional sports agent who once represented ex-Huskies star Richard Hamilton. Miles was expelled in fall 2008 and never played for UConn." ESPN

Part of me is happy this is happening to UConn because I hate them, but part of me hates this because I don't want to hear this to be an excuse when UConn chokes. This surprises me a bit if it is true because Jim Calhoun seemed like a pretty stand up guy, but I guess if you want to win and get the recruits you need, you have to break the rules a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment