Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rondo's Agent Fires Back At Ainge


We reported yesterday that Ainge bad some critical comments about Rondo. Well today Rondo's agent fired back...

"I am just surprised that Danny is speaking, even if he considers it constructively, in a public setting [about Rondo]," Duffy said. "I don't think that it's appropriate to say that about one of your top players. Even if it's spoken constructively, I don't think it should be done in public. I don't think [Ainge] would like it if [Celtics managing partner] Wyc [Grousbeck] was talking about him in public (ESPN)."

I have to say I agree with Rondo's agent 100%. It is the exact point I was making yesterday. Tough DP made a good point when we were talking about this yesterday. Is Ainge doing this so that he can maybe get Rondo to back off his contract demands, and lower his value to the rest of the league? Could be, but I think teams will see through this, and you don't want to piss him off too much or he will just walk. Especially after reading this...

When asked if Ainge's comments affected Rondo's contract situation, Duffy told the newspaper: "It doesn't sound like a glowing endorsement. You say you love him and then you are critical? You're certainly not recruiting him (ESPN)."

Rondo's agents only card he can play is that Rondo is a good team leader, and that he will not stand for these kind of comments. I expect to hear a lot of reports about how Rondo will walk after his contract is up, but a lot can happen in a year, and this is far from over...

No comments:

Post a Comment