Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The NCAA Basketball Rules Are Kind Of A Joke


I have to quote this:
After filling his stat line again on Saturday (16 points, seven assists, three steals), Kentucky freshman John Wall said he had "no choice" but to enter this year's NBA Draft.

That echoed UK Coach John Calipari insisting to radio host Dan Patrick earlier in the week that Wall would turn pro after this season.

"I joke about coming back, and like you say, he tells me, no," Wall said after UK's 101-70 victory over Arkansas on Saturday.

When a reporter noted that players must obey their coach, Wall smiled and said, "Yeah. I really have no choice."

Calipari told Patrick he'd wrestle with Wall rather than let the freshman return for a second UK season."

"Coach might," a smiling Wall said. "He might pull my eye out. You never know."
Kentucky.com

Both John Calipari and John Wall know the whole system is a joke. I think it's really stupid too. If I was a kid who was as good as John Wall, I would have done the Brandon Jennings technique and at least gone over seas to make some money before going to the NBA. I personally think that there should be no age limit in the NBA. The only big question with this is a person's maturity level. As a high school kid your not mature enough to live in an NBA lifestyle, but is a year in college that big of a difference?

Wall was the preseason number 1 pick in the NBA draft, and is going to be the number 1 pick now. Him going to college was just a waste of his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment