Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wakefield/Red Sox Fued Brewing?


Going into the upcoming season most fans (and writers) think the Red Sox will have a starting rotation of Beckett, Lackey, Lester, Dice-K and Buchholz. Yet Wakefield still thinks he will be in the rotation...

“I did make the All-Star team last year. It seems every year, and I don’t know why, my name gets brought up like this when I don’t feel I need to prove myself every day. I don’t know where the rumors are coming from, but I try not to pay attention. I know my role and I know what my approach is going to be when I get to spring training: be a starter and help us win the World Series (Boston.com).”

There are a lot of Boston fans going crazy over this saying there is going to be a problem down the road. I don't see this at all. The Red Sox are known for having their starters hit the DL at some point in the season. It is a smart move to get them rest at some point, so they aren't worn out for the playoffs. I can tell you right now Beckett, and Lackey will hit the DL at some point, so Wakefield is going to get some starts. He is also there in case Buchholz and Dice-K don't pitch well (I think they will).

Anyways, just remember it is always a good thing to have "too much starting pitching". Above that Wakefield is way too old to be pitching 200 innings, so time off for him will be good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment