Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, January 25, 2010

Something We Can All Agree On: Pro Bowl Sucks!!


So the Pro Bowl is coming up this weekend, and once again I am left scratching my head as to why they bother with this event. DP and I have had lengthy discussions on how pointless this is. So, what should they do instead?

First off get rid of the game. Of the 4 major sports (hockey, basketball, baseball, football) football is the only one that can't be played without contact. Why would you want your star player playing in this game? Most coaches don't, which is why you are seeing losers like Garrard make the Pro Bowl...Fucking stupid.

Above that no one watches this shit. Sure they will probably get more of an audience now that it is a week before the Super Bowl, but still who the fuck cares about this game?

So that leaves the question, what could they do instead?

I think it is fairly simple. First, you still have the list of players that made the Pro Bowl. They will get that put on their career achievements, but with no game we don't need to hear how Garrard had a "Pro Bowl Year".

With the game gone the fans can get to see something they would actually have an interest in. To me that is a skill competition.

Example - For QB's you could have longest throw, most accurate, most accurate on the move, ect.

You could do this for all the different positions. Wouldn't you like to really know who has the best arm in the league? Who is the most accurate, the fastest, strongest? I know I would, and I think it would get fans a lot more to root for. I would love to see who would win an accuracy contest between guys like Manning and Brees, or who has the best arm Favre, Vick, ect. There are so many more, but I am not going to go on and on.

I just think this is a much better option then the Pro Bowl game, and I really believe a lot more people would have an interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment