Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Patriots' Mosi Tatupu Dead At 54


Mosi Tatupu, a fullback and special teams player for the Patriots for 13 years, died at the age of 54. His cause of death is currently unknown, but his family said that he had "some health issues". I feel like I read a story like this every month or so. Football players in general don't live very long. You would expect this from offensive linemen, just because it can't be good for you to carry around 300+ pounds, but it seems like it is a problem across the sport.

Mosi Tatupu had 612 carries and 2,415 yards in his 14-year NFL career. After 13 seasons with the Patriots from 1978 to 1990, Tatupu played five games for the Los Angeles Rams in 1991 before ending his playing career. He also payed in the Super Bowl when the Patriots got crashed by the Bears.

I bring him up even though he is before my time, because I know a lot of people truly loved him around here. He even coached football at Curry College. He will be missed, and I am extremely interested in how he died.

I also brought this up to show the damage that the NFL has on a player. The average lifespan of a normal person in the US is around 77-78 years old. An NFL players lifespan is about 55 (52 if you're a lineman). Kind of crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment