Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, February 19, 2010

Rivers Blasts Cavs For Jamison Trade


Doc Rivers is not happy at all about the trade the Cavs pulled off to get Jamison...

"I have a problem with that," Rivers said before Thursday's Lakers-Celtics game at Staples Center. "I loved it three years ago when we did it with Gary Payton if you remember, but now I think it sucks. I think it's a terrible deal. I actually do have a problem with that though. We did it, and I'm joking, but I do think [it's a problem]. I don't know what you do [maybe] just not allow them to go back to the same team or whatever. ... I do think that will be changed eventually, but I do have a problem with it."

This is just the Celtics being bitter that they couldn't pull off a deal like this. I agree that something needs to change with the trade deadline, and I like Rivers idea (which he stated later in the interview) that the trade deadline should be moved up a little bit.

Yet, what can you really do. It was a good deal for the Wizards. They had to get out of all these silly contracts, and as much as I love Jamison he is not worth the money he gets. All I can really say is good for the Cavs for being able to pull off a deal like this, and if the Celtics or anyone else had the chance to do it they would jump at it. Maybe it is a rule they should review, but in the end you can't fault the Cavs for getting the most out of the current rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment