Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, February 22, 2010

Beckett Not In The Talking Mood About Contract


Josh Beckett finally came out and talked about his contract, which runs out after this year. All he really said was that he wasn't going to talk about it...

"That stuff is going to work itself out, I'm really not too concerned with it, and I don't really have anything to say about contract stuff today or probably any time during spring training," Beckett said. "And after that I definitely don't want to let that be the focus on what I'm trying to do."

Basically that is exactly what you want to hear. Beckett knows his value is not at its highest coming off a somewhat disappointing year. I have all the faith in the world that he is going to have a great year. The Sox probably don't mind waiting to see how he does this year either before throwing around numbers.

I hope the Sox do resign him though. It is so hard to get good starting pitching, and I really do like Beckett. I understand if his demands get out of hand he'll have to go, but I would have no problem paying him the same as Lackey (5 years $82.5MM)

No comments:

Post a Comment