Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mike Lowell Still A Class Act


So, there was a big to-do about Mike Lowell's first day in camp. We haven't made a big deal out of this, because well...it's not. Mike Lowell has always been a class act, and he proved once again...

"I’m getting ready for a season. I think I’m pretty intelligent in a sense that there’s no real playing time for me here basically barring a major injury and I’m not really in the business of hoping somebody gets hurt so I can get at-bats. For me, I feel like I’m more prepared and ready for a full season than I was last year. So why shouldn’t I play more than I did last year? Whether it’s here or somewhere else? I can’t control that.

"I have to separate some things. I think there’s the baseball aspect of it and I think there’s (a) real life aspect of it and I’m very comfortable with where I am in my real life. You know what I mean? I feel I’m in a tremendously privileged situation. No one needs to feel sorry for me in life. Is my baseball situation not ideal? Yeah, it’s not ideal. I don’t want to diminish the baseball fact. But you never know what can happen. When I left the Marlins I was disappointed and (Boston) turned into a really good transition for me. So we’ll see."

Sure he could have ripped the Red Sox. He could have gone on and on about the fact he has been a tremendous player for the organization since he arrived, but he didn't. That's class, and it is truly rare these days.

Now to the important news. Lowell says he feels a lot stronger then last year, and his hip "only bothers him when he runs". The Boston Globe played that comment off as nothing, but isn't that a big deal? I mean it still hurts him when he runs, so it will hurt him every time he hits the ball. I love Mike Lowell, but the Sox did the right thing. From a business stand point they had to do this. I just hope Beltre starts the year hot, so we don't have a bunch of fans going crazy over Mike Lowell.

No comments:

Post a Comment