Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, February 22, 2010

Moss Expects To Be Gone After 2010


There is a lot being made about Randy Moss' comments that he doesn't think he will be with the Patriots after this season...

"I don't think they are going to extend my contract here," said Moss. I understand the beast, the nature of it. I think that just with what I think and what I know I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. So, after this season if there is not a lockout I'll be looking for a new team. I got a lot of respect for the Patriots and what they did for me and my family. So, the only thing I can do is just play this year out and see what my future holds after that."

"You know the Patriots don't really pay, so when I got my second contract from them that was a blessing in disguise. I understand the business. I don't think they're going to re-sign me back. I'm not mad. I'm not bitter. It's just the way things are in this NFL, so like I said after this year I'll be looking for a new team. I think so (Boston.com)."

I know a lot of people are throwing a fit about this, but I really have no problem at all with it. In my eyes, Moss is just reading the writing on the wall. He is an aging receiver, and the Patriots have a track record of never overpaying for players. He knows that his value is going down every year, and the Patriots will probably try to get younger after this season.

I believe him that he has no animosity towards the Patriots. They resurrected his career, and he will probably still get a sizable contract somewhere else after this season, because of his time here.

The real reason I have no problem with this is because I really don't want Moss back after this season. Not that he isn't a great player, but I think he is going to be able to get more then he is worth on the open market.

The only question now is whether or not the Patriots will deal him before this season even starts. There have been rumors that Brandon Marshall could be traded for a 2nd round pick. If that is the case, the Patriots have 3 of those, so it could lineup nicely.

As to where Moss could be traded to (if it ever goes that route)...Cowboys, Bengals, Vikings, Bears, Ravens, Giants, Redskins, Seahawks would top my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment