Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Not A Shocker Here: Louisiana is America's Laziest State



A new ranking by Businessweek.com based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Louisiana claims the top spot as the country's laziest state. To be clear, by "lazy" we do not mean lacking work ethic or engagement. Rather, it is a measure of leisure time spent doing sedentary activities compared with activities that require more physical effort, such as exercising and even working. Mississippi and Arkansas came in second and third, and while states in the south and southeast are represented heavily in the list, such East Coast states as Delaware and New York placed in the top 20.
More

That's why I miss it so much. Everything is slower down there and is more fattening. I mean I did work two jobs while being there, but I don't count because I'm from the north. But if not for the Saints winning the Superbowl there probably wouldn't be one positive thing to say about the state other than their food and friendliness. The place gets hit by oil spills, hurricanes, tons of crime and ridiculous heat, so can you really blame them for not wanting to do much? I can't wait to tell my grandkids one day of a magical place called New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment