Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ed Reed Goes Off On Ravens


Ed Reed is going to miss at least the first 6 weeks of the NFL season due to injury, but the story doesn't end there. Ed Reed is not happy with his current contract, and he is voicing his displeasure to the media...

"I haven't had the support from the other side as you think has been there," Reed said. "If I don't say it now, it won't ever get said. It's like a marriage. There are going to be disagreements.

"You got to work with that person. When it starts to get too much, you got to pull back: 'Is it worth it? or should I take a pay cut and be on another team?"

The word I got was, 'We're comfortable with where we're at,'" Reed said. "Yes, you would be comfortable with the plays that I'm making on the field and paying me what you're paying me. ... There are six, seven players in front of me at my position [in terms of money] that I honestly wouldn't let hold my jock, and I don't even wear one.'"

Yea, cool Ed Reed, but you're also 32 and hurt. On top of that you have 3 years left on your deal. There is no reason the Ravens should give him another penny. Yes, he has done a ton for this organization, but it is also a business, and he signed that contract. Also, what a terrible time to go off about this. Reed might miss the entire season and he is going to sit there and yell at the Ravens about how much he is making???

That deserves a big C'MON MAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment