Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jeremy Lin Makes It To Golden State



Really cool story:
"This is unbelievable," Lin said after the Golden State Warriors signed the undrafted free agent guard. "I've never been part of something like this."

He became the first Asian-American player signed by the Warriors since 1947. In an area with a large Asian population, Lin becomes an instant celebrity.

"I consider myself a basketball player more than an Asian-American," said the Bay Area native. "I'm ready to play at this level and I appreciate the support of the Asian community. This is a dream come true. I always wanted to be in the NBA and now I get to do it with the Warriors, the team I grew up watching."

The 21-year-old Lin averaged 16.4 points, 4.5 assists and 4.4 rebounds per game as a senior at Harvard. The season was highlighted by a 30-point, nine-rebound performance against Connecticut. ESPN

Captain did a lot more coverage of him, but I think is one of the coolest stories we have heard in a while. I've kept my eye on Lin this preseason when he was playing for Dallas and I've been impressed as hell. Lin played unbelievable in the summer league and even out shined number 1 pick John Wall one game. I was even hoping that the Celtics were going to take a flier on the kid. He's fearless, can score and will be an instant fan favorite at Golden State.

Great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment