Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Red Sox To Pickup Ortiz's Option


"David Ortiz hasn’t heard from the Red Sox about an extension, but the team is prepared to pick up the slugger’s 2011 option, a source told Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com. Ortiz has said all year that he wants to return to Boston and would like an extension; so far, the Red Sox have not given Big Papi any indication that they’re going to offer a multi-year deal.

The Red Sox can bring the 34-year-old back for $12.5MM by exercising his 2011 option (MLBTradeRumors)."

Thank you Red Sox. This is exactly what I wanted them to do, because I don't trust Ortiz past next season, and this way he is motivated to keep it up. There is no reason to give him an extension, this way they get him for another year and if he is terrible there are no strings. If he is good, then maybe they can give him a deal, and even if he does get pissed there is no upside for him tanking it and even if he walks at the end of the 2011 season I'm fine with that.

Great move.

No comments:

Post a Comment