Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Wilfolk Meeting With Goodell


I had no idea that there was even a problem with the hit that Wilfork laid on Jay Cutler during Monday Night Football a week ago. Until I read this:

"Patriots nose tackle Vince Wilfork and his agent Kennard McGuire are in New York today to meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell regarding a possible suspension, an NFL source has confirmed (Boston Globe)".

I was at the game, so it would be really hard for me to notice anything like this, but apperently Wilfork could be facing suspension for an elbow to the head of Broncos' quarterback Jay Cutler. Wilfork has made questionable moves before (like the low hit in Buffalo last year), but I would be surprised if he is suspended. I expect just a fine, and a stern talking to by Goodell. The problem is that even if Wilfork didn't do anything refs will most likely be keeping a close eye on him for at least the rest of the season.

Here is Belichick's comments on the matter:

"I was informed that they're going to look into the matter," Belichick responded to host Glenn Ordway. "I went and looked at our film of the Denver game and there isn't anything on there. You can't see any contact between Vince and Jay Cutler on our game tape. That's all I have to go on. I'd say it's a league matter and whatever the league is going to do with it, they're doing with it (Boston Globe)."

Nothing shocking there, obviously he wouldn't say anything even if he did see something. I'll keep you updated on what I hear about a suspension.

-BMack

No comments:

Post a Comment