Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

India Weaponizes World's Hottest Chili


"The Indian military has a new weapon against terrorism: the world's hottest chili. After conducting tests, the military has decided to use the thumb-sized "bhut jolokia," or "ghost chili," to make tear gas-like hand grenades to immobilize suspects, defense officials said Tuesday. The bhut jolokia was accepted by Guinness World Records in 2007 as the world's spiciest chili. It is grown and eaten in India's northeast for its taste, as a cure for stomach troubles and a way to fight the crippling summer heat (MSN)."

I saw the guy on Man vs. Food eat something like this and it didn't go so well for him, so I would be really pissed if someone made this into gas form and threw it in my house, but that's neither here nor there.

What cracks me up about this story is the last couple of lines. How exactly does eating the hottest chili in the world help beat the heat? Does everything after just feel amazing as long as you don't need to go near that chili again? And then they go on to say it help with stomach problems.

Ok, now I know this is bullshit. I have never eaten spicy food in hope that my stomach will feel better. Maybe they know something I don't, but I can guarantee if I ate this I would not feel cooler, and even if I was able to stomach it I would probably be dragging my ass across the carpet all the way to the bathroom.

All I can say is India is a fucking crazy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment