Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, March 25, 2010

First 3DTV Game


A couple weeks back I put up a post about how ESPN is launching a 3D station, and it should be ready for the World Cup. What I didn't realize is that they aren't the only ones.

The New York Rangers beat the New York Islanders last night at MSG 5-0. No one would've talked about this game, but it happened to be the first 3DTV game. To watch the special airing, a viewer needed ordinary service from Cablevision, a regular cable box, and one of a new class of television sets capable of displaying content in 3D. The guy who wrote about all this didn't own any of that, so he went to a special screening. He says it was amazing.

That is really cool and all, and I have little doubt that this will be an option on every TV within the next 2-3 years, but for now who the hell is going to be able to afford this? From what I have been reading an 3DHDTV costs around $3,000. Sorry ,no way I am spending that when I can get a top of the line 60 inch HDTV for about $1,400.

Anyways, just thought it was cool to see what the future has for us. My question is what do you think the best sport in 3D will be? My guess is baseball, with a 3D strikezone, and the way it is filmed behind the pitcher. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment