Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, March 26, 2010

Dice-K To Start Year On DL


Francona finally came out an officially stated that Dice-K will not be ready for the start of the season. Everyone should've seen this coming. He just pitched in his first game against MLB batters, and he only pitched 2 innings. It is going to take a couple of weeks to stretch him out and make sure he is ready.

This isn't really bad news for the Sox, and if I was them I would take my sweet time bringing him back. Not that I don't want Dice-K in the rotation, but Wake has been pitching well, and I want Dice-K at 100% and able to pitch 110 pitches.

Boston also loves keeping pitchers innings pitch as low as they can. I am sure you will see most of the pitchers in the Sox rotation go on the DL at some point, and it is really just to make sure they don't get overworked.

Anyways, I really don't think this is anything to worry about for now. As long as Dice-K can get himself ready for the rest of the year the Sox will be fine in Wake's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment