Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Boston at Orlando, Game 5




The Celts missed out on their chance to close it out in a sweep, with a tough OT loss on Monday night. They were probably all just concerned with the series finale of 24, like I was. What's gonna happen to the world now that the Ruskis most likely tracked down Jack Bauer and killed him?! Yikes!

Anyway, that's neither here nor there. This series is all but over. I have no fears about believing that Boston will close this one out in 5. I don't think that I am jinxing them or anything like that. I'm just confident. To me, they've been the best team in these playoffs. Rondo had a very lackluster performance in game 4, and like Doc said afterward, everyone was kind of trying to win it by themselves. They need to get back to that team play that looks so unbeatable when they're on.

Here's how I see it playing out:

I think Dwight Howard will probably have a great game, but the problem with your center having a great game is that it doesn't really help anyone else play better - not offensively anyway. He might open up shots on the perimeter, but I think the C's are actually content letting him have his 25-30 points and sticking with the shooters on the outside. Unlike most teams, Boston has 4 big guys to throw at him, and basically go 1-on-1 with Howard. (Also 24 fouls!) He was huge in game 3 and that game wasn't even close!
Rashard Lewis is nowhere to be found, and Nelson quite simply can't hang with Rondo when he plays like he has been (minus game 4).

Ron Jeremy, I mean Stan Van Gundy, is the most annoying coach in the NBA. Maybe some people enjoy his rhetoric and sense of humor, and look at me post-game interviews, but I find them nauseating. And I think he and his staff have been pretty well shown up so far in this series by Doc and company. That should continue and then we should get some real stupid sound bites after the game (and series). Like Shaq once said, the guy folds when pressure is the highest. You ever watch him during time-outs. He's all screaming and yelling, and what are his players doing? Watching dancers and t-shirt throwers, etc. I know most NBA timeouts are useless other than rest, but this guy really seems to accomplish nothing.

The lockdown D will show up again, containing the Orlando guards and forwards, producing TO's and easy buckets. Look for lots of fast-breaks ended by pull-up treys from Ray Ray and Pierce spotting up in the corners.

Prediction
Celts 93 - Magic 81

Celtics win series 4-1

Tommy Award - Paul Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment