Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, May 27, 2010

More Trouble For Ellsbury


Ellsbury just can't catch a break lately. He was on the DL for fractured ribs, and now he has inflammation in roughly the same area.

"It was kind of where I had my previous injury," Ellsbury said. "I don’t know if it was kind of lingering there and I didn’t really know about it, but I’ll know more once we get back to Boston and I’ll talk to the doctors up there. Hopefully it’s something minor."

I have a feeling he is heading back to the DL, which is really too bad, because Boston could use his speed in the lineup. The good news is that the Sox are rolling right now, and maybe they can get by without him for the time being. The outfield should be more solid with Cameron out there, at least defensively.

What sucks is that it looks like the Red Sox misdiagnosed the injury...

"[The pain] is along the same ribs that cracked," Ellsbury told ESPN.com after the game. "All the ribs are moving, so it can affect the back ribs as well, where it hits the front of the spine. So you not only feel the impact at the direct place where you were hit, but the back side, too, along the band. I felt that originally, but I hadn't felt it again until now."

Added Ellsbury about the Sox' treatment: "I think they downplay it because they misdiagnosed it. They said you treat it all the same way. Remember that comment? How do you treat a bruise the same as a break?"

That doesn't sound good. We will keep you posted when we hear more...

No comments:

Post a Comment