Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Clemens Day in Court Not Done Yet


Roger Clemens, aka Anti-Christ, has been indicted for lying to Congress.
He is charged with making false statements, perjury and obstruction of Congress. The charges stem from Clemens' testimony regarding his steroid use at a House Committee in which he and Brian McNamee, his former trainer, testified before Congress. McNamee has repeatedly stated that he had injected Clemens with steroids, while Clemens has repeatedly denied this and even tried to bring a lawsuit against McNamee. There has been no comment yet from Clemens or his attorney.



Does Congress have bigger and better things to worry about right now? Yes. Obviously. We're in the middle of the longest running war in American history, and I don't think that I have to remind everyone that the economy is not too stellar right now. But I do kinda like that they're not gonna let this thug get away with lying to them.
I've been on the record as saying that baseball needs to cleanse itself, and Congress should not be involved, but I don't know that Commissioner Selig has proved very capable of doing that. So maybe they do need Congress. Anyway, it'll be fun to see if Clemens has another day of sweating and stammering in court, and pretty much just making a mockery of what was once a tremendous legacy he could have left behind.
Clemens was my absolute favorite player as a kid, and I think some part of me will always like him for that, but that part of me is getting smaller and smaller as time wears on.

No comments:

Post a Comment