Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, August 23, 2010

Pierce Wants To Get Away


Given the circumstances of the upcoming season, Paul Pierce (left) believes the Celtics need a change of pace in training camp. For years, they have worked out for a week at Salve Regina University in Rhode Island before embarking on the preseason schedule. It’s 90 minutes from Boston, a comfortable environment, and the Celtics are popular with the local community.

Pierce, however, believes that with Shaquille O’Neal, Jermaine O’Neal, Von Wafer, and Nate Robinson experiencing their first training camps in green, it may be time to seek seclusion and build chemistry.

“I think it would be good for this group to get away,’’ said Pierce. “I’m really getting tired of Newport. Really, I want to go somewhere else.

“Newport is good, but I want to go somewhere else. It would be good to get away with this type of group, when you have Jermaine and Shaq.

“When you got new guys and these types of personalities, I think it’s good for all of us to get out, be at a dinner table — me, Shaq, Kevin [Garnett], Ray [Allen], Jermaine. I think it would be good for that relationship, building that chemistry. We get away and go somewhere, that’s something we’ll definitely do.’’
Boston.com

If everyone remembers, when the Celtics got KG, Ray Allen, James Posey, and Eddie House they all went away that summer to Rome and left their cell phones at home. It forced them to build chemistry and that ultimately led to a championship. I don't know if this is wishful thinking or a last ditch effort by Pierce, but I don't see the harm in it. We have a lot of new guys who all have been stars in their day, and getting them to gel with the team off the court may help on the court a lot. The Celtics have a really good team on paper right now, but it won't work unless they leave their pride outside when they step on the court. I don't know if Danny and Wyc will take the bait, but I like Pierce's mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment