Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, August 23, 2010

Walker Wiggling Back Into NBA?


He's definitely looking to go into training camp, but he knows it's not going to be a guaranteed contract," Walker's uncle, Chico Walker, tells Jessica Camerato of WEEI.com. "He's going to have to go in and make a team, and he understands that. That's where he is in terms of his conditioning. He knows he has to go in there and earn a spot. Nothing's going to be given to him regardless of what he's done in the past. I think the main concern is that this other stuff is going to follow him around. Is that going to be a deterring factor for a lot of teams? Hopefully not because basketball-wise, I still think he has a little bit to give to the game."

Chico Walker says his nephew has dropped 18 to 25 pounds and is drawing interest from "four to six" teams.

Walker was one of my favorite players when he was with the Celtics. He has had a tough couple of years, and I'm rooting for him to make a comeback. But not for a second am I taking this report seriously. Who's the source? Chico Walker? Sweet, I think I'll wait till I actually see that Walker is back in shape before getting excited about this. I doubt any team will end up picking him up, and I really doubt there are 6 teams interested.

Then again, Chico Walker is a former Red Sox, so maybe there's a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment