Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Who The Red Sox Should Be Going After


Ther have been endless rumors about what the Sox might do going into the trade deadline. From adding a hitter like Huff, Johnson, V-Mart or adding another starting pitcher like Lee, and even Halladay. Yet, I am thinking a little differently. I want to point out that the guy I will be discussing is on my fnatasy team, but I swear I am keeping my bias to a minimum.

So, the guy they should go hard after is none other then...... Marco Scutaro.

Yea, I know it wouldn't make a big splash, but let's look at what where the Sox are struggling. They have been having trouble scoring runs. They seem to have the guys to do it (Ortiz, Pedroia, Youk, Lowell, Ellsbury, Bay ect), and I know they have been in slumps, but for the most part I think those players will be fine (Yes even Papi).

The one continued problem is the leadoff spot. The Sox are in the bottom 5 in production from their leadoff hitter. Some people might now care, but it is a huge deal. The leadoff hitter sets up the rest of the lineup. A Pitcher pitches differently when their is a guy on base when Pedroia, Youk, and Bay are up. Ellsbury tried to fill the void, but he can be streaky and his OBPs is not the greatest. They tried to put Pedroia there and he was having trouble batting .200. So then they went to Drew, who just can't hit anything this year (batting in the .230's).

Why is Scutaro the right choice?

He is having a breakout year. He is in the last year of his contract so if it doesn't work out the Sox aren't risking much. He is batting .295, but more importantly has a .388 OBP (which is great). He can even steal you a base or two ( he has 8 on the season). He plays solid defense and can play 2nd, 3rd, and SS. Sounds like the kind of guy we could use huh?

Get on it Sox. Make it happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment