Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dice-K Pissed At Red Sox


"Daisuke Matsuzka (shoulder) suggested that his health and effectiveness are being negatively impacted by the training techniques of the Red Sox, WEEI.com reports.
Matsuzaka's comments were in an article that appeared in Japan on Monday. "If I'm forced to continue to train in this environment, I may no longer be able to pitch like I did in Japan," Matsuzaka is quoted as saying in the article. "The only reason why I managed to win games during the first and second years (in the U.S.) was because I used the savings of the shoulder I built up in Japan. Since I came to the Major Leagues, I couldn't train in my own way, so now I've lost all those savings." Matsuzaka laments the fact that Boston will not permit him to have his marathon throwing sessions between starts. He believes such work between starts increases arm strength and the touch of his breaking pitches. Matsuzaka is currently in Florida while on the 15-day disabled list rehabbing a right shoulder strain, the second time he's been on the DL because of shoulder weakness (Rotowire)."

Listen Dice-K the Sox have told you have a tired arm. You pushed yourself too hard for the WBC before you were ready and now they have to build you from scratch. You will never make it in the MLB throwing 200 pitches on your off days. Maybe when you were a kid that kid of stuff would work, but as you get older your body is going to fall apart, and the Sox are trying to save your career before you blow out your arm, or lose too much velocity. I have to side with the Sox here, they have a prove pitching regiment, and he needs to go along with it if he wants any chance of returning this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment