Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Roy Halladay To Red Sox???


I have said it from the beginning that I think there is no way he is coming here, but there are some rumors out there saying it might happen...

"Old friend Gordon Edes of Yahoo! Sports this afternoon reported that the Red Sox offered at least three players -- pitchers Clay Buchholz and Michael Bowden and outfielder Ryan Westmoreland -- to the Blue Jays for Halladay, according to an unnamed source. Edes speculates that because the Blue Jays are looking for a shortstop, the Red Sox might be trying to bring a third team into the negotiations to satisfy that need. Toronto general manager J.P. Ricciardi has set a personal deadline of today to deal Halladay, though he recently said that was not set in stone (Boston.com)."

Would I be happy if the Sox did this? Yes, I would have to listen to endless shit talking from DP, but it would be worth it to have him on the team. Do I think it is going to happen? No. I still think the media loves putting the Sox and Yankees into every rumor mill. Don't get me wrong I think the Sox have kicked the tired here, but I would be shocked if the Jays traded Halladay within their own division, but who knows? I never thought the Sox would put together an off like that (if it is true). We'll keep ya posted...

Also, if the Sox were to do this I hope they could get Scutaro too. I mean if the Jays are doing this deal then they have given up on this year, and Scutaro is in the last year of his contract so why not??

So the perfect in my eyes for the Sox would be...

Buchholz, Bowden, Nick Green (or Lowrie), and Westmoreland for Roy Halladay, and Marco Scutaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment