Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jets/Revis No Closer To Deal


The situation between the Jets and Darrelle Revis is only get worse. Revis' camp sent an offer to the Jets, and the Jets rejected it saying that he hasn't budged at all on his demands. Things are so bad that the Jets owner came out and said this...

"The answer is no (if there had been progress)," the Jets' owner said tersely, adding, "My impression is no progress ... no movement whatsoever."

Expanding on that sentiment, Johnson told ESPN's Jeremy Schaap Monday that he doesn't expect Revis to play for the Jets this season.

"My gut feeling is, I would say no," Johnson said (ESPN).

As much as I would love this as a Patriots fan I'm not buying into it in the least. The Jets are playing hardball now, but when the season gets closer they will cave. Revis is the best CB in the league, and this team is no longer a Super Bowl contender without him.

A guy like Revis I don't think needs camp, though I would be somewhat concerned with a stupid hamstring injury so something, but compared to other players Revis knows his job and it won't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment