Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What A Night For Sports

Not sure what everyone watched, but I was flipping channels like crazy, because sports in general were unreal last night...

We will start with the NHL:

I flip the game on hoping somehow the Rangers could pull out a victory against the Capitals. It was really hard rooting for a team I fucking hate, but I did and I'll live with that. The Rangers were lucky this game wasn't 8-1 with the way they played the 3rd period. The Capitals got an amazing goal from old Sergei Fedorov, who unleashed one of the hardest wrist shots I have ever seen. There was literally nothing Lundqvist could do to save it. So with a couple mins left, I thought maybe the Rangers could get a lucky goal...nope. They couldn't even get out of their zone. It was like watching that South Park episode when the pee-wee hockey team plays the Detroit Red Wings...awful and hard to watch. So anyways, Capitals move on, and I am thinking....FUCK NOW WE HAVE TO PLAY THE PENGUINS....NO!!!!

Then this happened...

The Devils are leading 3-2 with 1 min 20 secs left. Game in the bag with Brodeur in net right?....Wrong. Carolina scores 2 goals, the last one with 32 secs left to take the Devils out of the playoffs. I am probably the only Bruins fan that actually hates the Devils more then I hate the Canadiens, so you know I was going nuts, but best of all the Bruins get to play Carolina in the next round...Bruins are 4-0 against them this year.

So, then I flip in to watch the Celtics, and am instantly depressed. They look like shit, Chicago is once again pulling shots out of their ass, and moments late Ray Allen is out of the game (fouled out). Great...So the game goes on and the Celtics and Bulls do what they have been doing this whole series, which is basically play just well enough to equal the other team, no one ever take control (other then the one game the Celtics blew them out). Boston is up 104-101, Bulls take it down the court, and play great defense until........... Tony Allen fouls Gordon while he was attempting a 3 with 28 seconds left. Closest I have come to putting my clicker through my TV. Gordon his all 3 free throws. 104-104. Pierce comes down and bails them out hitting a nice shot over John Salmons, but then Miller comes down and a foul was called on Rondo. Miller just chokes, and the Celtics cruise to a 1-6=104 win. At this point I am getting tired, but....

The Sox are still on....

Yes DP will be bitter because Francona left Penny in too long. Well if you read this site you know DP has a vendetta against Francona, and I have his back since I am so sick of seeing people run coaches out the door on overreactions to everything. Yes Grady Little should not have been fired, but that DOES NOT mean that because you made that mistake once you have to keep repeating it. Anyways...Penny got rocked (don't worry Smoltz is almost here!), and the Sox don't have a long reliever, because Dice-K is on the DL and Masterson had to take over. That leaves us with guys like Hunter Jones, who pitched very well, but really could do no more then he already did. Penny actually could have been out of that disastrous inning if Lugo did let that easy play get by him while trying to do a double play. Then later in the game he makes it worse, but not letting Ellsbury catch the ball in center. Honestly, if I didn't know better I think Lugo actually had money on the Indians. The game goes on and the Sox eventually lose, because Lopez pulls a Lugo and can't catch another easy Youk throw to 1st. I would have been pissed if the rest of the night wasn't so awesome. The Sox were due for a heart breaker, it happened.....get over it.

Great Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment