Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, April 27, 2009

Thoughts On Hobbs Trade


Very rarely will you hear me come out and really question the Patriots on roster moves, but this one does not add up to me. The Patriots parted ways with Hobbs for a pair of fifth-round picks. The Patriots sent the fifth-rounders they acquired from Philadelphia to the Baltimore Ravens for a fourth-round pick (No. 123), which was used to select Penn State guard/center Rich Ohrnberger, and a sixth-round pick (No. 198), which they used to select long snapper Jake Ingram of Hawaii. I mean I see what they are doing. They needed a long snapper, they got one. They need line help they got it, but are these guys really worth Hobbs?

Hobbs should never been put in the #1 CB spot, so obviously he was going to struggle, but I really can't think of a better nickle back then this guy. He also returns kick very well. I know we have drafted replacements for that, but I really hate seeing this guy go. In my eyes you can never have enough CBs, and the patriots could certainly use a guy who knows the playbook. Sorry Belichick, but I have to say I think you may have fucked this one up.

I'll miss you Ellis Hobbs.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. linkedin.com/in/kevinhobbs007

    ReplyDelete